Ceiling Fan Lighting Malfunction Lights Turn Off After About One Second Than Won't Work - YouTube ( Ceiling Fan Light Goes On And Off By Itself #5)
Hi there, this blog post is about Ceiling Fan Lighting Malfunction Lights Turn Off After About One Second Than Won't Work - YouTube ( Ceiling Fan Light Goes On And Off By Itself #5). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 1126 x 633. This photo's file size is just 45 KB. If You decided to download This attachment to Your computer, you should Click here. You also also download more pictures by clicking the photo below or read more at this post: Ceiling Fan Light Goes On And Off By Itself.
5 images of Ceiling Fan Lighting Malfunction Lights Turn Off After About One Second Than Won't Work - YouTube ( Ceiling Fan Light Goes On And Off By Itself #5)
Meaning of Ceiling Fan Lighting Malfunction Lights Turn Off After About One Second Than Won't Work - YouTube
Ceilingceil•ing (sē′ling),USA pronunciation n.
- the overhead interior surface of a room.
- the top limit imposed by law on the amount of money that can be charged or spent or the quantity of goods that can be produced or sold.
- the maximum altitude from which the earth can be seen on a particular day, usually equal to the distance between the earth and the base of the lowest cloud bank.
- Also called absolute ceiling. the maximum altitude at which a particular aircraft can operate under specified conditions.
- the height above ground level of the lowest layer of clouds that cover more than half of the sky.
- a lining applied for structural reasons to a framework, esp. in the interior surfaces of a ship or boat.
- Also called ceil′ing piece′. [Theat.]the ceiling or top of an interior set, made of cloth, a flat, or two or more flats hinged together.
- the act or work of a person who makes or finishes a ceiling.
- vaulting, as in a medieval church.
- hit the ceiling, [Informal.]to become enraged: When he saw the amount of the bill, he hit the ceiling.
Fanfan1 (fan),USA pronunciation n., v., fanned, fan•ning.
- any device for producing a current of air by the movement of a broad surface or a number of such surfaces.
- an implement of feathers, leaves, paper, cloth, etc., often in the shape of a long triangle or of a semicircle, for waving lightly in the hand to create a cooling current of air about a person: We sat on the veranda, cooling ourselves with palm-leaf fans.
- anything resembling such an implement, as the tail of a bird.
- any of various devices consisting essentially of a series of radiating vanes or blades attached to and revolving with a central hublike portion to produce a current of air: ceiling fan; wall fan.
- a series of revolving blades supplying air for winnowing or cleaning grain.
- [Horol.]fly1 (def. 34).
- a semicircular decoration of bunting.
- [Physical Geog.]an alluvial fan.
- hit the fan, [Slang.]to become suddenly more awkward, embarrassing, or troublesome: When news of the incident was leaked to the press, everything hit the fan at once.
- to move or agitate (the air) with or as if with a fan.
- to cause air to blow upon, as from a fan;
cool or refresh with or as if with a fan: He fanned his face with a newspaper.
- to stir to activity with or as if with a fan: to fan a flame; to fan emotions.
- (of a breeze, current of air, etc.) to blow upon, as if driven by a fan: A cool breeze fanned the shore.
- to spread out like a fan: The dealer fanned the cards.
- to move (oneself ) quickly: You'll fan your tail out of here if you know what's good for you.
- to winnow, esp. by an artificial current of air.
- [Baseball.](of a pitcher) to strike out (a batter).
- [Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S.]to punish by spanking;
spank: Your mother will fan you good if you break that dish.
- to strike, swing, or brush lightly at something.
- [Western U.S.](chiefly cowboy use). to slap the flanks of (a horse or other animal) repeatedly with a hat to get it to move or move faster.
- to spread out like a fan (often fol. by out): The forest fire fanned out in all directions.
- [Baseball.](of a batter) to strike out, usually by swinging at and missing the pitch charged as the third strike.
Lightinglight•ing (lī′ting),USA pronunciation n.
- the act of igniting or illuminating: the lighting of many candles; the annual lighting of the Christmas tree.
- the arrangement of lights to achieve particular effects: to work out the lighting for one's living room.
- an effect achieved by the arrangement of lights: Several critics praised the lighting of the play.
- the science, theory, or method of achieving particular effects by the use of lights.
- the way light falls upon a face, object, etc., esp. in a picture.
Malfunctionmal•func•tion (mal fungk′shən),USA pronunciation n.
- failure to function properly: a malfunction of the liver; the malfunction of a rocket.
- to fail to function properly.
Lightslights (līts),USA pronunciation n.pl.
- the lungs, esp. of sheep, pigs, etc.
Turnturn (tûrn),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to cause to move around on an axis or about a center;
rotate: to turn a wheel.
- to cause to move around or partly around, as for the purpose of opening, closing, or tightening: to turn a key; to turn the cap of a jar.
- to reverse the position or placement of: to turn a page; to turn an egg; to turn a person around.
- to bring the lower layers of (sod, soil, etc.) to the surface, as in plowing.
- to change the position of, by or as if by rotating;
move into a different position: to turn the handle one notch.
- to change or alter the course of;
deflect: He turned the blow with his arm.
- to change the focus or tendency of: She skillfully turned the conversation away from so unpleasant a subject.
- to reverse the progress of;
cause to retreat: The police turned the advancing rioters by firing over their heads.
- to change or alter the nature, character, or appearance of: Worry turned his hair gray.
- to change or convert (usually fol. by into or to): to turn water into ice; to turn tears into laughter.
- to render or make by some change: Fear turned him cowardly and craven.
- to change the color of (leaves).
- to cause to become sour, to ferment, or the like: Warm weather turns milk.
- to cause (the stomach) to reject food, liquid, etc.;
affect with nausea.
- to change from one language or form of expression to another;
- to put or apply to some use or purpose: He turned his mind to practical matters.
- to go or pass around or to the other side of: to turn a street corner.
- to get beyond or pass (a certain age, time, amount, etc.): His son just turned four.
- to direct, aim, or set toward, away from, or in a specified direction: to turn the car toward the center of town; to turn one's back to the audience.
- to direct (the eyes, face, etc.) another way;
- to shape (a piece of metal, wood, etc.) into rounded form with a cutting tool while rotating the piece on a lathe.
- to bring into a rounded or curved form in any way.
- to shape artistically or gracefully, esp. in rounded form.
- to form or express gracefully: to turn a phrase well.
- to direct (thought, attention, desire, etc.) toward or away from something.
- to cause to go;
drive: to turn a person from one's door.
- to revolve in the mind;
ponder (often fol. by over): He turned the idea over a couple of times before acting on it.
- to persuade (a person) to change or reorder the course of his or her life.
- to cause to be prejudiced against: to turn a son against his father.
- to maintain a steady flow or circulation of (money or articles of commerce).
- to earn or gain: He turned a huge profit on the sale.
- to reverse or remake (a garment, shirt collar, etc.) so that the inner side becomes the outer.
- to pour from one container into another by inverting.
- to curve, bend, or twist.
- to twist out of position or sprain;
wrench: He turned his ankle.
- to bend back or blunt (the edge of a blade).
- to perform (a gymnastic feat) by rotating or revolving: to turn a somersault.
- to disturb the mental balance of;
- to disorder or upset the placement or condition of: He turned the room upside down.
- to convert.
- to pervert.
- to move around on an axis or about a center;
- to move partly around through the arc of a circle, as a door on a hinge.
- to hinge or depend (usually fol. by on or upon): The question turns on this point.
- to direct or set one's course toward, away from, or in a particular direction.
- to direct the face or gaze toward or away from someone or something.
- to direct one's thought, attention, desire, etc., toward or away from someone or something.
- to give or apply one's interest, attention, effort, etc., to something;
pursue: He turned to the study and practice of medicine.
- to change or reverse a course so as to go in a different or the opposite direction: to turn to the right.
- to change position so as to face in a different or the opposite direction.
- to change or reverse position or posture as by a rotary motion.
- to shift the body about as if on an axis: to turn on one's side while sleeping.
- to assume a curved form;
- to become blunted or dulled by bending, as the cutting edge of a knife or saw.
- to be affected with nausea, as the stomach.
- to be affected with giddiness or dizziness;
have a sensation of whirling or reeling.
- to adopt religion, a manner of life, etc., esp. as differing from a previous position or attitude: He turned to Christianity in his old age.
- to change or transfer one's loyalties;
defect: He turned from the Democrats and joined the Republicans.
- to change an attitude or policy: to turn in favor of someone; to turn against a person.
- to change or alter, as in nature, character, or appearance.
- to become sour, rancid, fermented, or the like, as milk or butter.
- to change color: The leaves began to turn in October.
- to change so as to be;
become: a lawyer turned poet; to turn pale.
- to become mentally unbalanced or distracted.
- to put about or tack, as a ship.
- (of copy) to run either from the bottom of the last column on one page to the top of the first column on the following page or from one column on a page to the expected place in the next column on the page (opposed to jump).
- turn back:
- to retrace one's footsteps;
turn around to return.
- to cause to go no further or to return, as by not welcoming;
- to fold (a blanket, sheet of paper, etc.) on itself: Turn back the page to keep the place.
- turn down:
- to turn over;
- to lower in intensity;
- to refuse or reject (a person, request, etc.): The Marine Corps turned him down.
- turn in:
- to hand in;
submit: to turn in a resignation.
- to inform on or deliver up: She promptly turned him in to the police.
- to turn from one path or course into another;
- to go to bed;
retire: I never turn in before eleven o'clock.
- turn into:
- to drive a vehicle or to walk into (a street, store, etc.): We turned into the dead-end street. He turned into the saloon at the corner.
- to be changed, transformed, or converted into: He has turned into a very pleasant fellow. The caterpillar turned into a butterfly.
- turn off:
- to stop the flow of (water, gas, etc.), as by closing a faucet or valve.
- to extinguish (a light).
- to divert;
- to diverge or branch off, as a side road from a main road.
- to drive a vehicle or walk onto (a side road) from a main road: You turn off at 96th Street. Turn off the highway on the dirt road.
- [Slang.]to stop listening: You could see him turn off as the speaker droned on.
- to disaffect, alienate, or disgust.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to discharge an employee.
- turn on:
- to cause (water, gas, etc.) to flow, as by opening a valve.
- to switch on (a light).
- to put into operation;
- to start suddenly to affect or show: She turned on the charm and won him over.
- to induce (a person) to start taking a narcotic drug.
- to take a narcotic drug.
- to arouse or excite the interest of;
engage: the first lecture that really turned me on.
- to arouse sexually.
- Also, turn upon. to become suddenly hostile to: The dog turned on its owner.
- turn one's hand to. See hand (def. 74).
- turn out:
- to extinguish (a light).
- to produce as the result of labor: She turned out four tapestries a year.
- to drive out;
discharge: a premier turned out of office.
- to fit out;
- to result;
- to come to be;
- to be found or known;
- to be present at;
- to get out of bed.
- [Naut.]to order (a seaman or seamen) from quarters for duty.
- to cause to turn outward, as the toes.
- turn over:
- to move or be moved from one side to another.
- to put in reverse position;
- to consider;
- to transfer;
- to start (an engine): He turned over the car motor.
- (of an engine) to start: The motor turned over without any trouble.
- [Com.]to purchase and then sell (goods or commodities).
- [Com.]to do business or sell goods to the amount of (a specified sum).
- [Com.]to invest or recover (capital) in some transaction or in the course of business.
- turn the tables. See table (def. 19).
- turn the tide. See tide 1 (def. 12).
- turn to:
- to apply to for aid;
appeal to: When he was starting out as an artist he turned to his friends for loans.
- to begin to attend to or work at something: After the storm we turned to and cleaned up the debris.
- to change to: The ice turned to water.
- turn up:
- to fold (material, a hem, cuffs, etc.) up or over in order to alter a garment.
- to bring to the surface by digging: to turn up a shovelful of earth.
- to uncover;
- to intensify or increase.
- to happen;
occur: Let's wait and see what turns up.
- to appear;
arrive: She turned up at the last moment.
- to be recovered: I'm sure your watch will turn up eventually.
- to come to notice;
- a movement of partial or total rotation: a slight turn of the handle.
- an act of changing or reversing position or posture, as by a rotary movement: a turn of the head.
- a time or opportunity for action which comes in due rotation or order to each of a number of persons, animals, etc.: It's my turn to pay the bill.
- an act of changing or reversing the course or direction: to make a turn to the right.
- a place or point at which such a change occurs.
- a place where a road, river, or the like turns;
bend: About a mile ahead, you'll come to a turn in the road.
- a single revolution, as of a wheel.
- an act of turning so as to face or go in a different direction.
- direction, drift, or trend: The conversation took an interesting turn.
- any change, as in nature, character, condition, affairs, circumstances, etc.;
modification: a turn for the better.
- the point or time of change.
- the time during which a worker or a set of workers is at work in alternation with others.
- that which is done by each of a number of persons acting in rotation or succession.
- rounded or curved form.
- the shape or mold in which something is formed or cast.
- a passing or twisting of one thing around another, as of a rope around a mast.
- the state of or a manner of being twisted.
- a single circular or convoluted shape, as of a coiled or wound rope.
- a small latch operated by a turning knob or lever.
- style, as of expression or language.
- a distinctive form or style imparted: a happy turn of expression.
- a short walk, ride, or the like out and back, esp. by different routes: Let's go for a turn in the park.
- a natural inclination, bent, tendency, or aptitude: one's turn of mind.
- a spell or period of work;
- a spell or bout of action or activity, esp. in wrestling.
- an attack of illness or the like.
- an act of service or disservice: He once did her a good turn. She repaid it with a bad turn.
- requirement, exigency, or need: This will serve your turn.
- treatment or rendering, esp. with reference to the form or content of a work of literature, art, etc.;
twist: He gave the story a new turn.
- a nervous shock, as from fright or astonishment: It certainly gave me quite a turn to see him.
- [Stock Exchange.]a complete securities transaction that includes both a purchase and sale.
- a melodic embellishment or grace, commonly consisting of a principal tone with two auxiliary tones, one above and the other below it.
- [Chiefly Brit.]an individual stage performance, esp. in a vaudeville theater or music hall.
- a drill movement by which a formation changes fronts.
- a contest or round;
a bout, as in wrestling.
- at every turn, in every case or instance;
constantly: We met with kindness at every turn.
- by turns, one after another;
in rotation or succession;
alternately: They did their shopping and cleaning by turns.
- hand's turn, a period or piece of work: It won't be necessary for you to do a hand's turn yourself, but rather to supervise.
- in turn, in due order of succession: Each generation in turn must grapple with the same basic problems.
- on the turn, on the verge or in the process of turning;
changing: She said she hoped to be alive to see the century on the turn.
- out of turn:
- not in the correct succession;
out of proper order.
- at an unsuitable time;
indiscreetly: He spoke out of turn and destroyed the cordial atmosphere of the meeting.
- take turns, to succeed one another in order;
alternate: They took turns walking the dog.
- to a turn, to just the proper degree;
to perfection: The steak was done to a turn.
- turn and turn about or turn about, by turns: They fought the fire, turn and turn about, until daybreak.
Offoff (ôf, of ),USA pronunciation adv.
- so as to be no longer supported or attached: This button is about to come off.
- so as to be no longer covering or enclosing: to take a hat off; to take the wrapping off.
- away from a place: to run off; to look off toward the west.
- away from a path, course, etc.;
aside: This road branches off to Grove City.
- so as to be away or on one's way: to start off early; to cast off.
- away from what is considered normal, regular, standard, or the like: to go off on a tangent.
- from a charge or price: He took 10 percent off for all cash purchases.
- at a distance in space or future time: to back off a few feet; Summer is only a week off.
- out of operation or effective existence: Turn the lights off.
- into operation or action: The alarm goes off at noon.
- so as to interrupt continuity or cause discontinuance: Negotiations have been broken off.
- in absence from work, service, a job, etc.: two days off at Christmas.
utterly: to kill off all the inhabitants.
- with prompt or ready performance: to dash a letter off.
- to fulfillment, or into execution or effect: The contest came off on the appointed day.
- into nonexistence or nothingness: My headache passed off soon.
- so as to be delineated, divided, or apportioned: Mark it off into equal parts.
- away from a state of consciousness: I must have dozed off.
- away from the land, a ship, the wind, etc.
- get it off. See get (def. 45).
- get off on. See get (def. 49).
- off and on:
- Also, on and off. with intervals between;
intermittently: to work off and on.
- on alternate tacks.
- off with:
- take away;
remove: Off with those muddy boots before you step into this kitchen!
- cut off: Off with his head!
- so as no longer to be supported by, attached to, on, resting on, or unified with: Take your feet off the table! Break a piece of bread off the loaf.
- deviating from: off balance; off course.
- below or less than the usual or expected level or standard: 20 percent off the marked price; I was off my golf game.
- away, disengaged, or resting from: to be off duty on Tuesdays.
- [Informal.]refraining or abstaining from;
denying oneself the pleasure, company, practice, etc., of: He's off gambling.
- away from;
apart or distant from: a village off the main road.
- leading into or away from: an alley off 12th Street.
- not fixed on or directed toward, as the gaze, eyes, etc.: Their eyes weren't off the king for a moment.
- from (a specified source): I bought it off a street vendor.
- from or of, indicating material or component parts: to lunch off cheese and fruit.
- from or by such means or use of: living off an inheritance; living off his parents.
- at some distance to seaward of: off Cape Hatteras.
- off of, [Informal.]off: Take your feet off of the table!
- in error;
wrong: You are off on that point.
- slightly abnormal or not quite sane: He is a little off, but he's really harmless.
- not up to standard;
not so good or satisfactory as usual;
inferior or subnormal: a good play full of off moments.
- no longer in effect, in operation, or in process: The agreement is off.
- stopped from flowing, as by the closing of a valve: The electricity is off.
- in a specified state, circumstance, etc.: to be badly off for money.
- (of time) free from work or duty;
nonworking: a pastime for one's off hours.
- not working at one's usual occupation: We're off Wednesdays during the summer.
- of less than the ordinary activity, liveliness, or lively interest;
slack: an off season in the tourist trade.
doubtful: on the off chance that we'd find her at home.
- more distant;
farther: the off side of a wall.
- (of a vehicle, single animal, or pair of animals hitched side by side) of, being, or pertaining to the right as seen from the rider's or driver's viewpoint (opposed to near): the off horse; the off side.
- starting on one's way;
leaving: I'm off to Europe on Monday. They're off and running in the third race at Aqueduct.
- lower in price or value;
down: Stock prices were off this morning.
- noting one of two like things that is the farther from the shore;
seaward: the off side of the ship.
- [Cricket.]noting or pertaining to that side of the wicket or of the field opposite that on which the batsman stands.
- the state or fact of being off.
- [Cricket.]the off side.
- to go off or away;
leave (used imperatively): Off, and don't come back!
- to kill;
Afteraf•ter (af′tər, äf′-),USA pronunciation prep.
- behind in place or position;
following behind: men lining up one after the other.
- later in time than;
in succession to;
at the close of: Tell me after supper. Day after day he came to work late.
- subsequent to and in consequence of: After what has happened, I can never return.
- below in rank or excellence;
nearest to: Milton is usually placed after Shakespeare among English poets.
- in imitation of or in imitation of the style of: to make something after a model; fashioned after Raphael.
- in pursuit or search of;
with or in desire for: I'm after a better job. Run after him!
about: to inquire after a person.
- with the name of;
for: He was named after his uncle.
- in proportion to;
in accordance with: He was a man after the hopes and expectations of his father.
- according to the nature of;
in conformity with;
in agreement or unison with: He was a man after my own heart. He swore after the manner of his faith.
- subsequent to and notwithstanding;
in spite of: After all their troubles, they still manage to be optimistic.
- after all, despite what has occurred or been assumed previously;
nevertheless: I've discovered I can attend the meeting after all.
in the rear: Jill came tumbling after.
- later in time;
afterward: three hours after; happily ever after.
- later in time;
succeeding: In after years we never heard from him.
- [Naut., Aeron.]
- farther aft.
- located closest to the stern or tail;
aftermost: after hold; after mast.
- including the stern or tail: the after part of a hull.
- subsequent to the time that: after the boys left.
- afters, the final course of a meal, as pudding, ice cream, or the like;
Abouta•bout (ə bout′),USA pronunciation prep.
in regard to: instructions about the work; a book about the Civil War.
- connected or associated with: There was an air of mystery about him.
close to: a man about my height; about six o'clock.
- in or somewhere near: He is about the house.
- on every side of;
around: the railing about the excavation.
- on or near (one's person): They lost all they had about them.
- so as to be of use to: Keep your wits about you.
- on the verge or point of (usually fol. by an infinitive): about to leave.
- here or there;
in or on: to wander about the old castle.
- concerned with;
engaged in doing: Tell me what it's about. Bring me the other book while you're about it.
- near in time, number, degree, etc.;
approximately: It's about five miles from here.
almost: Dinner is about ready.
not far off: He is somewhere about.
- on every side;
in every direction;
around: Look about and see if you can find it.
- halfway around;
in the opposite direction: to turn a car about.
- from one place to another;
in this place or that: to move furniture about; important papers strewn about.
- in rotation or succession;
alternately: Turn about is fair play.
- in circumference: a wheel two inches about.
- onto a new tack.
- onto a new course.
- moving around;
astir: He was up and about while the rest of us still slept.
- in existence;
prevalent: Chicken pox is about.
Oneone (wun),USA pronunciation adj.
- being or amounting to a single unit or individual or entire thing, item, or object rather than two or more;
a single: one woman; one nation; one piece of cake.
- being a person, thing, or individual instance or member of a number, kind, group, or category indicated: one member of the party.
- existing, acting, or considered as a single unit, entity, or individual.
- of the same or having a single kind, nature, or condition: We belong to one team; We are of one resolve.
- noting some indefinite day or time in the future: You will see him one day.
- a certain (often used in naming a person otherwise unknown or undescribed): One John Smith was chosen.
- being a particular, unique, or only individual, item, or unit: I'm looking for the one adviser I can trust.
- noting some indefinite day or time in the past: We all had dinner together one evening last week.
- of no consequence as to the character, outcome, etc.;
the same: It's all one to me whether they go or not.
- the first and lowest whole number, being a cardinal number;
- a symbol of this number, as 1 or I.
- a single person or thing: If only problems would come one at a time!
- a die face or a domino face having one pip.
- a one-dollar bill: to change a five-dollar bill for five ones.
- (cap.) [Neoplatonism.]the ultimate reality, seen as a central source of being by whose emanations all entities, spiritual and corporeal, have their existence, the corporeal ones containing the fewest of the emanations.
- at one:
- in a state of agreement;
of one opinion.
- united in thought or feeling;
attuned: He felt at one with his Creator.
- one and all, everyone: They came, one and all, to welcome him home.
- one by one, singly and successively: One by one the children married and moved away.
- one for the road. See road (def. 8).
- a person or thing of a number or kind indicated or understood: one of the Elizabethan poets.
- (in certain pronominal combinations) a person unless definitely specified otherwise: every one.
- (with a defining clause or other qualifying words) a person or a personified being or agency: the evil one; the one I love.
- any person indefinitely;
anyone: as good as one would desire.
- [Chiefly Brit.](used as a substitute for the pronoun I): Mother had been ailing for many months, and one should have realized it.
- a person of the speaker's kind;
such as the speaker himself or herself: to press one's own claims.
- something or someone of the kind just mentioned: The portraits are fine ones. Your teachers this semester seem to be good ones.
- something available or referred to, esp. in the immediate area: Here, take one—they're delicious. The bar is open, so have one on me!
Secondsec•ond1 (sek′ənd),USA pronunciation adj.
- next after the first;
being the ordinal number for two.
- being the latter of two equal parts.
- next after the first in place, time, or value: the second house from the corner.
- next after the first in rank, grade, degree, status, or importance: the second person in the company.
- alternate: I have my hair cut every second week.
- noting or pertaining to the second person.
- being the lower of two parts for the same instrument or voice: second horn; second alto.
- other or another: a second Solomon.
- of, pertaining to, or operating at the gear transmission ratio at which drive shaft speed is greater than that of low gear but not so great as that of other gears for a given engine crankshaft speed: second gear.
- a second part.
- the second member of a series.
- a person who aids or supports another;
- [Boxing.]a person who, between rounds of a prizefight, gives aid, advice, etc., to a boxer.
- a person who serves as a representative or attendant of a duelist.
- second gear.
- a person or thing that is next after the first in place, time, or value.
- a person or thing that is next after the first in rank, grade, degree, status, or importance.
- Usually, seconds. an additional helping of food: He had seconds on the meat and potatoes.
- (in parliamentary procedure)
- a person who expresses formal support of a motion so that it may be discussed or put to a vote.
- an act or instance of doing this.
- (in certain British universities) a type or grade of college degree granted according to a student's performance on specific written and oral examinations.
- a tone on the next degree from a given tone.
- the interval between such tones.
- the harmonic combination of such tones.
- the lower of two parts in a piece of concerted music.
- a voice or instrument performing such a part.
- an alto.
- Usually, seconds. goods below the first or highest quality, esp. containing visible flaws. Cf. first (def. 19), third (def. 12).
- a piece of somewhat defective but salable tin plate.
- [Baseball.]See second base.
- to assist or support.
- to further or advance, as aims.
- (in parliamentary procedure) to express formal support of (a motion, proposal, etc.), as a necessary preliminary to further discussion or to voting.
- to act as second to (a boxer, duelist, etc.).
- in the second place, group, etc.;
secondly: The catcher is batting second.
Workwork (wûrk),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., worked or (Archaic except for 35, 37, 40) wrought;
- exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something;
- something on which exertion or labor is expended;
a task or undertaking: The students finished their work in class.
- productive or operative activity.
- employment, as in some form of industry, esp. as a means of earning one's livelihood: to look for work.
- one's place of employment: Don't phone him at work.
- materials, things, etc., on which one is working or is to work.
- the result of exertion, labor, or activity;
a deed or performance.
- a product of exertion, labor, or activity: musical works.
- an engineering structure, as a building or bridge.
- a building, wall, trench, or the like, constructed or made as a means of fortification.
- (used with a sing. or pl. v.) a place or establishment for manufacturing (often used in combination): ironworks.
- the working parts of a machine: the works of a watch.
- [Theol.]righteous deeds.
- force times the distance through which it acts;
specifically, the transference of energy equal to the product of the component of a force that acts in the direction of the motion of the point of application of the force and the distance through which the point of application moves.
- at work:
- working, as at one's job: He's at work on a new novel.
- in action or operation: to see the machines at work.
- gum up the works, to spoil something, as through blundering or stupidity: The surprise party was all arranged, but her little brother gummed up the works and told her.
- in the works, in preparation or being planned: A musical version of the book is in the works.
- make short work of, to finish or dispose of quickly: We made short work of the chocolate layer cake.
- out of work, unemployed;
jobless: Many people in the area were out of work.
- shoot the works, to spend all one's resources: Let's shoot the works and order the crêpes suzette.
- the works:
all related items or matters: a hamburger with the works.
- harsh or cruel treatment: to give someone the works.
- of, for, or concerning work: work clothes.
- working (def. 18).
- to do work;
- to be employed, esp. as a means of earning one's livelihood: He hasn't worked for six weeks.
- to be in operation, as a machine.
- to act or operate effectively: The pump will not work. The plan works.
- to attain a specified condition, as by repeated movement: The nails worked loose.
- to have an effect or influence, as on a person or on the mind or feelings of a person.
- to move in agitation, as the features under strong emotion.
- to make way with effort or under stress: The ship works to windward.
- to give slightly at the joints, as a vessel under strain at sea.
- [Mach.]to move improperly, as from defective fitting of parts or from wear.
- to undergo treatment by labor in a given way: This dough works slowly.
- to ferment, as a liquid.
Around the other-hand, lately we adore the antique household. Well, while you have heritage home parents that are historic, why not enhance it to check more trendy. Ceiling Fan Lighting Malfunction Lights Turn Off After About One Second Than Won't Work - YouTube ( Ceiling Fan Light Goes On And Off By Itself #5) identity already owned. Just how to change it to produce it more contemporary and happy that is new that you have a stained glass at home, if offered the glass will probably be worth very costly. To be the primary emphasis beautiful, select a simple shade paint for the surfaces around it.
- to use or manage (an apparatus, contrivance, etc.): She can work many business machines.
- to bring about (any result) by or as by work or effort: to work a change.
- to manipulate or treat by labor: to work butter.
- to put into effective operation.
- to operate (a mine, farm, etc.) for productive purposes: to work a coal mine.
- to carry on operations in (a district or region).
- to make, fashion, or execute by work.
- to achieve or win by work or effort: to work one's passage.
- to keep (a person, a horse, etc.) at work: She works her employees hard.
- to influence or persuade, esp. insidiously: to work other people to one's will.
- to exploit (someone or something) to one's advantage: See if you can work your uncle for a new car.He worked his charm in landing a new job.
- to make or decorate by needlework or embroidery: She worked a needlepoint cushion.
- to cause fermentation in.
- work in or into:
- to bring or put in;
add, merge, or blend: The tailor worked in the patch skillfully. Work the cream into the hands until it is completely absorbed.
- to arrange a time or employment for: The dentist was very busy, but said she would be able to work me in late in the afternoon. They worked him into the new operation.
- work off:
- to lose or dispose of, as by exercise or labor: We decided to work off the effects of a heavy supper by walking for an hour.
- to pay or fulfill by working: He worked off his debt by doing odd jobs.
- work on or upon, to exercise influence on;
affect: I'll work on her, and maybe she'll change her mind.
- work out:
- to bring about by work, effort, or action.
- to solve, as a problem.
- to arrive at by or as by calculation.
- to pay (a debt) by working instead of paying money.
- to exhaust, as a mine.
- to issue in a result.
- to evolve;
- to amount to (a total or specified figure);
add up (to): The total works out to 176.
- to prove effective or successful: Their marriage just didn't work out.
- to practice, exercise, or train, esp. in order to become proficient in an athletic sport: The boxers are working out at the gym tonight.
- work over:
- to study or examine thoroughly: For my term paper I worked over 30 volumes of Roman history.
- to beat unsparingly, esp. in order to obtain something or out of revenge: They threatened to work him over until he talked.
- work through, to deal with successfully;
come to terms with: to work through one's feelings of guilt.
- work up:
- to move or stir the feelings;
- to prepare;
elaborate: Work up some plans.
- to increase in efficiency or skill: He worked up his typing speed to 70 words a minute.
- work up to, rise to a higher position;
advance: He worked up to the presidency.
Should you prefer to use wallpaper wallpaper with a pattern such as the minimalist mathematical forms.Usually there is a indentation across the screen within the old house. So that you can remain uncovered, put around the window sills' framework. But Ceiling Fan Lighting Malfunction Lights Turn Off After About One Second Than Won't Work - YouTube ( Ceiling Fan Light Goes On And Off By Itself #5) might reduce the cosmetic and luxury in a little screen. Employ only drapes typically, but made available. Another case should you feel very poor form screen, then a blinds should be placed beyond your figure and address.
An appearance more magnificent inside will be long until the underside also made by drapery. One of many things that could look hideous is just about the shelves of old had started porous and rotting. Substitute with open cabinets of lumber, can be contaminants or reliable wood. Show also vintage components you've. Open cabinets will also provide a modern minimalist touch that old house does not seem like a museum.
As well as changing the shelf, use some aspects within older residences, for instance, the choice of chic sofa blankets, wall hangings style pop art, or perhaps a vase of colorful bottles. Select which may have variants of bolder shades, clear collections and feel. Merge both of these designs in one single place. Eg adjustment of furniture that is classic with upholstery that's more modern.
It and different outdated table seats minimalist may additionally assimilate. Items such as platforms yard / seats, large potted crops, and rooftop may also enhance the wonder of the interior of the house.The old-house isn't just like a home nowadays. Space's department occasionally seems odd. Eg thus roomy family room, as the bedroom is quite thin.
Thus is the home which will be extended. Properly, you'll be able to work around this by changing features or adding a Ceiling Fan Lighting Malfunction Lights Turn Off After About One Second Than Won't Work - YouTube ( Ceiling Fan Light Goes On And Off By Itself #5) in a space that is also broad. Like a storage along with area, while half the living room applied for instance a lot of the kitchen.
Related Pictures of Ceiling Fan Lighting Malfunction Lights Turn Off After About One Second Than Won't Work - YouTube ( Ceiling Fan Light Goes On And Off By Itself #5)
- Cheap Gas Fire Pit
- Crib Rail Wrap
- Backyard Tilapia
- Coleman Hinged Door Tent
- Black Trim Bedroom
- Gas Fireplace Btu Output
- Feeder Supply Louisville Ky
- All In One Loft Bed
- Asian Style Bedroom
- Betty Walker Hello Ceil
- Beach Bathroom Accessories
- Garage Structures
- French Provincial Dining Room Set
- Backyard Pool Wedding Ideas
- Ana White Corner Cabinet
- Best Toaster Oven Review